[ie-announce] New Informatics Europe Best Dissertation Award – Call for Nominations

Informatics Europe Office administration at informatics-europe.org
Fri Apr 14 11:13:33 CEST 2023

Dear colleague,

We are delighted to announce our *new Informatics Europe Best
Dissertation Award, to recognise excellent PhD dissertations in
informatics and support young informatics researchers *from our member
institutions**to disseminate their research to a broader audience.

Sponsored by Springer, the award consist of a certificate, *a prize of
EUR 3,000, and the invitation to the winner to publish the awarded
thesis* as well as to attend the European Computer Science Summit (ECSS)
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/home.html>and present the work
during its Official Award Ceremony, on October 24, 2023. Noteworthy
runners-up may also be recognised and invited to join the Award ceremony.

*Each Informatics Europe member institutions is invited to select an
outstanding PhD*dissertation, *defended in the 2022 calendar year*, and
submit the nomination**following our instructions here
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/research/best-dissertation-award.html>.

The Award Committee will select the winner based on the following criteria:

  * the originality of the research and the methods used
  * the quality of the achieve results
  * the societal impact of the thesis
  * the quality of the exposition

Should more than one dissertation reach an equivalent top score, the one
with the highest societal impact score will be selected.

*Submission opens now!*Nominate your best candidate *by* *15 June 2023.*

Please feel free to contact us at
dissertation-award at informatics-europe.org
<mailto:dissertation-award at informatics-europe.org>should you have any
question regarding the Award. We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Best regards,

Informatics Europe

--

Informatics Europe <https://www.informatics-europe.org/about/office.html>