[ie-announce] Informatics Higher Education Data Portal - Academic Salaries & Further Updates

Svetlana Tikhonenko svetlana.tikhonenko at informatics-europe.org
Tue Dec 15 10:37:10 CET 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are very happy to inform you about important updates we had this year
in our Informatics Higher Education Data Portal
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/>, a platform
created in 2019 with the goal of providing its members, the Informatics
academic community, policymakers, industry and other stakeholders a
complete and reliable picture of the state of Informatics (Computer
Science, Computing, IT, ICT) higher education in Europe.

The following new data were included:

  * *Academic salaries
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/academic-salaries/>*,
    *academic positions and titles
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/academic-positions/>*
    in 17 European countries
  * A detailed description of the different national *higher education
    systems
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/higher-education-systems/>*
  * Statistics of students enrolled and degrees awarded, a list of
    subjects identifying Informatics programs and a list of universities
    and academic units offering Informatics higher education (with
    direct links to their websites) for two important large countries -
    *France and Turkey*. Including these two countries, now the data
    portal covers *23 European countries*!

The annual update of the statistics of students enrolled and degrees
awarded at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level, including gender
distribution was also carried on, including now the *2018/19 academic
year*. Currently, the data portal reports statistics over *9 academic
years*!

The portal is one of the most useful and important services Informatics
Europe offers to its members. It provides plenty of opportunities for
data visualization and in-depth analyses of key trends, issues, and
aspects that need or could be improved with a better understanding of
the higher education system in the field.

*Members of Informatics Europe have the additional benefit of having
privileged access and download rights for the whole dataset
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/download.html>.*

We thank everyone who contributed to find and interpret data at a
national level allowing its inclusion in the dataset and providing an
opportunity to make the status of Informatics education in their
countries better known at European level. If your country is not yet on
the portal and you can help to find and to interpret statistics for your
country, please contact svetlana.tikhonenko at informatics-europe.org
<mailto:svetlana.tikhonenko at informatics-europe.org>.

We kindly ask you to *disseminate the news about the portal updates in
your institution and research community.* For this purpose, you can find
attached the official press release and an infographic as an
easy-to-share overview.

Thank you and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year!

--
Svetlana Tikhonenko
Program Associate -

--