[ie-announce] Recommendations on the Use of IT for COVID-19 Infection Mitigation

Enrico Nardelli president at informatics-europe.org
Fri Apr 3 22:00:10 CEST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

In view of the current developments regarding the use of tracking and
surveillance technology for the control of COVID-19 infection spread,
Informatics Europe is releasing a Policy Recommendation Statement.

We are sending attached a press release in English that you can easily
distribute. Considering the fast speed of the developments during the
crisis, we ask you to distribute it as soon as possible in your
department and university as well in your broader scientific community.

The European Informatics scientific community needs to take a position
in this current critical situation.

Beside the attached PR, you can also find:

  * The original statement on our website Publications area
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/component/phocadownload/category/27-recommendations.html?download=130:recommendations-covid19>
  * A News Article on our website
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/news/541-policy-recommendation-covid19.html>

On Monday Informatics Europe will be also publicizing the statement in
Twitter and LinkedIn.

Best regards,

Prof. Enrico Nardelli
Informatics Europe President