[ie-announce] 2024 Informatics Europe Best Dissertation Award – Call for Nominations

Informatics Europe Office administration at informatics-europe.org
Mon Feb 12 09:35:44 CET 2024

Dear colleagues,

As we enter the second year, *we warmly welcome your nominations for the
2024 Informatics Europe Best Dissertation Award*. Join us in
*acknowledging excellent PhD dissertations in informatics and empower
young informatics researchers* to disseminate their research to a
broader audience.

Sponsored by Springer, the award includes a certificate, *a prize of EUR
3,000, and an invitation to publish the awarded thesis*. The winner will
also be invited to the European Informatics Leaders Summit
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/home.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BDA_ECSS>
(ECSS) to give a short talk on their dissertation at the Award ceremony
and share insights into their early career research experience at the
Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Researchers
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/career-development-workshop.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BDA_ECRWS>
(ECRWS). Notable runners-up may also be recognised and invited to join
the Award ceremony and ECRWS.

*Each Informatics Europe member is invited to select an outstanding PhD
dissertation, defended in the academic years 2022-2023 or 2023-2024, but
on or before December 31, 2023*, and submit the nomination following our
instructions here
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/research/best-dissertation-award.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BDA_call>.

The Award Committee will select the winner based on the following criteria:

  * the originality of the research and the methods used
  * the quality of the achieve results
  * the societal impact of the thesis
  * the quality of the exposition

Should more than one dissertation reach an equivalent top score, the one
with the highest societal impact score will be selected.
*Submission opens now!* Nominate your best candidate *by 1 June 2024*.

For enquiries, please feel free to reach us out at
dissertation-award at informatics-europe.org. We look forward to receiving
your nominations!

Best regards,
Informatics Europe