[ie-announce] Informatics Higher Education Data Portal - Statistics for 2019/20 added

Svetlana Tikhonenko svetlana.tikhonenko at informatics-europe.org
Fri Feb 4 08:28:52 CET 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to inform you that our *Informatics Higher Education Data
Portal* <https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/> has
recently been updated with the data of *2019/20 academic year*. The
Portal now covers statistics on students enrolled and degrees awarded at
Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level, including gender distribution, *of
10 academic years for 23 countries.* Other data, such as a comparative
analysis of some key academic positions and corresponding employment
details and estimations of academic salaries in selected countries, is
also available in the Portal.

Created in 2019, the Portal aims at providing the Informatics community
of academic, policymakers, industry and other stakeholders, a complete
and reliable picture of the state of Informatics (Computer Science,
Computing, IT, ICT) higher education in Europe. With plenty of
opportunities for data visualization and in-depth analyses, the full
data set is available for download
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/data/higher-education/download.html>
exclusively for the members of Informatics Europe. With this service,
one of the most used and valued by our members, Informatics Europe
empowers the informatics community to better understand trends and
improve issues in the European higher education system.

*The update of the Portal greatly relies on Informatics Europe members’
data-gathering support.* We are extremely thankful to all the colleagues
who have contributed to find and interpret data at a national level. If
you wish to support Informatics Europe efforts in finding and
interpreting your national statistics and making the status of
Informatics education in your country better known at a European level,
please contact: svetlana.tikhonenko at informatics-europe.org. *We welcome
any contribution regardless of your country statistics is featured on
the Portal or not. *

We kindly ask you to *disseminate the news about the portal update in
your institution and research community.* For this purpose, you can find
attached the official press release and an infographic as an
easy-to-share overview.

Thank you and best wishes,

Svetlana.

--