[ie-announce] European Computer Science Summit (ECSS) 2021 - FINAL CALL for Early Bird Registration (SEP 30)

Kit Wan Chui on behalf of Informatics Europe kitwan.chui at informatics-europe.org
Wed Sep 29 21:20:26 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

Tomorrow, *last day of September, is also the last day of ECSS 2021
early bird registration*. Grab this last chance to join our annual
summit at an attractive price!

*ECSS 2021* will take place in *Madrid, Spain as a hybrid event.* With
this year’s main theme *“Informatics for a Sustainable Future”*, ECSS
2021 presents to you the following exciting program
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/schedule.html> *between
25 and 27 October*:

  * Open Science and its Impact on Research and Career Development
    (Leaders Workshop
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/leaders-workshop.html>)
  * Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Researchers
    (ECRWS
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/career-development-workshop.html>)
  * Informatics for a Sustainable Future (Scientific Main Theme
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/scientific-main-theme.html>)
  * Best Practices in Education and Minerva Informatics Equality Awards
    (Awards Session
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/awards.html>)
  * Informatics Europe Session
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/ie-session.html>
  * Sustainability and Gender Balance – How to Retain Girls and Women in
    Computer Science (WIRE-EUGAIN Workshop
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/wire-eugain-workshop.html>)
  * Interdisciplinary Informatics Curricula and Research Evaluation in
    Informatics (National Informatics Associations Workshop
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/national-informatics-associations-workshop.html>)

ECSS 2021 will host distinguished informatics academics and researchers
from Europe and beyond. The Summit will be a unique opportunity to meet
prominent decision-makers and scholars to discuss critical issues of
informatics. You can find the official Call for Participation below and
get direct access to the registration site and further important
information:

  * Call for Participation
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/call.html>
  * ECSS 2021 - Registration
    <https://services.aimgroup.eu/ASPClient/loginindividual.asp?eventoid=4300>
  * Accommodation options
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/practical-information/accommodation-21.html>

  * Safety and Health Measures
    <https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/practical-information/safety-health-measures.html>

For *PhDs and PostDocs*, we offer the option to attend the complete
summit or only the Early Career Researchers Workshop
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/program/career-development-workshop.html>
on Monday. While no more CVs or research statements are accepted,
registration for the workshop remains open and we highly recommend it –
*a great opportunity to network and boost career development*! A limited
number of travel grants are still available to apply for those
registering to attend in person. More details about the travel grant can
be found here
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/practical-information/travelling-grants.html>.

We look forward to welcoming you to ECSS 2021. Come and join us in this
exciting and remarkable event in the field of Informatics!

Best regards,

ECSS 2021 Organizing Committee

/All necessary COVID-related measures are being considered to guarantee
a safe and fruitful Summit. Please do not hesitate to contact
ECSS2021 at aimgroup.eu should you have specific questions./

*ECSS 2021 - 17^th European Computer Science Summit*
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/ecss/home.html>

*“Informatics for a Sustainable Future”*

Hybrid event, with on-site sessions & networking activities in Madrid

25 – 27 October 2021