[ie-announce] Informatics Europe, 2012

Bertrand Meyer Bertrand.Meyer at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 5 18:01:27 CET 2012

Dear Informatics Europe member representatives and friends:

On behalf of the outgoing board of Informatics Europe, let me offer you my
very best wishes for 2012.

My term as president ended with the year. It has been a great pleasure and
honor to serve the organization, together with the two vice presidents
(Christine Choppy and Jan van Leeuwen) and an outstanding Board, for all of
six years.

Particular thanks go to the five Board members whose term has just expired:
	Christine Choppy
	Gregor Engels
	Roumen Nikolov
	Letizia Tanca
	Jan van Leeuwen

They have all been great contributors and we hope they will remain actively
involved.

I could hardly have hoped for a better successor than Carlo Ghezzi, the new
president and one of the most respected European computer scientists, who I
am sure will lead our association to new heights. The board also gets an
influx of outstanding new members, as you saw in the minutes of the Milan
ECSS. We are keen to achieve a smooth transition; to help, our first two
meetings in January (electronic) and February (in person) will involve
members of both the old and new boards.

Thank you for your trust and involvement in Informatics Europe, and best
wishes,

-- Bertrand Meyer