[ie-announce] Online-survey is open. Dissemination

Gergel V. P. gergel at unn.ru
Fri Aug 17 12:46:49 CEST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Working Group “Parallel Computing (Supercomputing) Education in Europe: State-of-Art” within Informatics Europe kindly invites you to take part in on-line survey devoted to the parallel computing and supercomputing education in European universities.

Working Group' primary goals are:
- to show the need for urgent changes in higher education in the area of computational sciences,
- to compose an overview of the current landscape of parallel computing and supercomputing education in Europe with respect to different universities and countries,
- to prepare a set of recommendations how to bring ideas of parallel computing and supercomputing into higher educational systems of European countries.

The online-survey is open now, is it available at
http://www.informatics-europe.org/survey/index.php?sid=62131 <http://www.informatics-europe.org/survey/index.php?sid=62131&lang=en> &lang=en

The most important thing is to fill out online forms with actual information regarding different universities from different countries. We do hope to your active assistance.

Please, describe your universities. Please, ask your colleagues from everywhere to join us in this activity. It seems to us very important to involve many people from different regions and/or universities. The more information we get, the more valuable report will be published by Informatics Europe. A final report will be available for everyone.

Online-survey is pretty detailed but you may save and resume forms at any time.

We expect to get the most of data until the end of September to be able to collect statistics for a preliminary report during October.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us:
 <mailto:wg-hpc-edu at parallel.ru> wg-hpc-edu at parallel.ru

Thank you in advance,

Prof. Vladimir Voevodin, MSU
Prof. Victor Gergel, NNSU